Globalstar, Inc. and its subsidiary, Globalstar USA, LLC ("Globalstar", "we", "us" or "our"), take steps to ensure it meets privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable privacy legislation. The purpose of this policy is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with ("you" and "your") how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the United States. This policy does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes by posting the new policy on http://www.globalstar.com. You are advised to consult this policy regularly for any changes.
Personal Information We Collect
Globalstar and its agents and representatives may collect personal information in a number of circumstances, such as:
Use of Your Personal Information
- Contact information, such as name, title, address, telephone number, facsimile or e-mail address, which may be collected through our service and credit application forms or from information you may voluntarily provide to us at trade shows (e.g. business cards or electronic equivalents) or on our website when you request further information about our products or services. Where an individual is an employee of a business customer of Globalstar, contact or other personal information collected by Globalstar may include the name of the individual's employer, title and related business contact information. Globalstar may also collect contact information of prospective customers from third party marketing list vendors. Globalstar takes steps to ensure that any personal information of prospective customers is disclosed to Globalstar with the knowledge and consent of the individual.
- Other information provided on our service application, such as the identity of the applicant's dealer and the applicant's service, billing and payment preferences and selections.
- Credit and related financial information, such as information you may provide on our credit application and credit information and financial history we collect directly from you or your creditors, your financial institutions, credit bureau and reporting agency reports, trade credit references or other organizations with whom you have had or may have a financial relationship, and credit information we compile relating to your transactions or account history with us. Credit-related information also includes identifying information you provide to us for matching credit information with the above organizations, such as your date of birth or other identifiers you may elect to provide.
- Service and service usage information, including type of phone and service, service phone number, frequency, duration, traffic and other related information regarding your use of our services, and customer service history, including inquiries or complaints or records of other customer service we may provide.
- Billing and account information, including our assigned account number, banking information collected through check payment or for pre-authorized payment purposes, credit card number or other paymentmethod details, and your account, billing and payment status and history.
Globalstar generally uses your personal information to:
Globalstar Marketing Activities.
- evaluate your application and determine your initial and ongoing eligibility for our services;
- verify and evaluate your current and ongoing creditworthiness and, in the case of personal identifiers you elect to provide, to match credit information with credit bureaus or reporting agencies;
- provide, administer, activate (or deactivate) the services you request;
- process billing and invoices and manage, administer and collect or otherwise enforce your account;
- calculate and evaluate service usage, including for the purposes of calculating commissions owing to your dealer;
- provide requested customer service, respond to your service, billing or other inquiries about our products and services, and contact you regarding your service or account;
- confirm the identity of our customers that call for customer service (for instance by verifying account number, address, or other unique identifiers such as Social Security Number or date of birth)
- provide credit references to other creditors;
- maintain business records for reasonable periods, and generally manage and administer our business; and
- meet legal, regulatory, security, audit and processing requirements, or otherwise as permitted or required by law.
On occasion, Globalstar may use your contact information and, in some cases, information about your past purchases or service options, to send information about other related products and services of Globalstar, our affiliates or selected third parties that may be of interest to our customers or prospective customers. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the contact information of prospective customers is disclosed to and used by Globalstar with the knowledge and consent of the individual. You may refuse or withdraw consent to receiving additional communications by selecting the option to opt-out when your information is collected (if that option is available) or by contacting Globalstar at 1-877-452-5782 or otherwise as described below.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In the application evaluation process, personal information may be disclosed to credit bureaus and reporting agencies, creditors, businesses and financial institutions with whom you have had a financial relationship or other references you have provided in your application for the purposes of obtaining credit and financial information from these organizations. In order to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the credit reporting system, we may provide credit-related information to credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies, and where you have directly or indirectly consented, we may provide credit-related financial and personal information to your financial institutions, creditors or other prospective lenders.
Disclosure to Affiliates for Administrative Purposes.
Your personal information may be disclosed to our parent corporation or certain other affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes. Note that some of Globalstar's affiliates are located outside of the United States.
Your dealer may have access to the information you provide in your service application, which may be collected by your dealer on Globalstar's behalf. In addition, certain account and usage information, such as service phone number, traffic details and/or activation status may be disclosed by Globalstar to your dealer for the purpose of determining and verifying commissions and maintaining business records. Please note that our dealers are independent businesses and Globalstar does not control the collection, use and disclosure of personal information you may provide to your dealer directly (e.g. when purchasing communications equipment or other products directly from your dealer). Please contact your dealer if you are concerned about how your personal information is used or disclosed by these independent businesses.
Globalstar may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Globalstar acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example billing, mailing, collection or information technology hosting or processing services. Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of the United States and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed elsewhere outside of the United States for the purposes described in this policy. Globalstar uses reasonable measures to ensure that personal information processed or handled by these third party service providers is protected and not used or disclosed for any purposes other than as directed by Globalstar. Note, however, that data protection measures Globalstar may use are subject to legal requirements in the United States and other foreign countries applicable to Globalstar or its affilites, agents and service providers, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
Your personal information may be used by Globalstar and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including, for example, your service account with us), for purposes related to the evaluation and performance of these transactions, including:
- permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction
- fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to such parties, and
- the use and disclosure of your personal information by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this statement.
Globalstar may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, processing and security requirements, or as permitted or required by law.
www.globalstar.com and the Internet
Globalstar operates the website www.globalstar.com, and related sites which provide information about our products and services, and through which you can request further information or customer support, make billing inquiries, purchase products (for example, telephones and accessories) and create an on-line purchase account.
Personal information provided in our on-line customer support or billing forms are used to respond to your support inquiries and fulfill your requests. Personal information you voluntarily provide through our on-line "Request for More Information Form" is used to respond to your specific request and, if you provide further information requested, to learn about our customers' interests and preferences and provide you with information and service recommendations suited to those interests and preferences.
Personal information you submit to establish your on-line account and/or purchase products through our website is used to facilitate and administer your account, to process and fulfill your purchases and process payment. Personal information relating to your purchase may be used and stored to maintain transaction records. Certain personal information, such as billing and/or delivery address, e-mail address and telephone numbers and records of your past purchases are stored in your account to enable you to conveniently make subsequent purchases, to permit you to review your past orders and to provide customer services and otherwise communicate with you regarding your account and/or purchases. If you have also subscribed to our satellite telephone service, we may also retain a record of your telephone equipment purchase in within your service account in order to ensure compatibility with your chosen service, provide customer service and trouble-shooting, and for internal aggregate market analysis purposes.
Contact information you submit through various means on our website may also be used to provide further occasional information about additional products and services or to send you newsletters or similar material, if you have chosen that option (as described under "Globalstar Marketing Activities" above).
Our website also enables you to refer a friend to our website. Note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are using and submitting the name and e-mail address of any third party with the consent of that individual. Globalstar uses and retains the sender and recipient's names and e-mail addresses and messages sent through this feature in order to protect against misuse of our website.
Our Internet servers may passively and automatically collect certain information about website visitors' traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (which are unique Internet addresses assigned to all Internet users by their Internet Service Providers). Server logs may record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only collected and used on an aggregate basis.
Our website may contain links to other websites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than Globalstar's. Globalstar has no responsibility for such third party websites, and individuals are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party websites they visit.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an "opt out" option provided. Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or as described in this policy, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
Globalstar collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
We protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Globalstar who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Globalstar may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 300 Holiday Square Blvd., Covington, LA 70433. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to the above address or call us at 1-877-452-5782.
This policy may be revised from time to time. If we materially change our privacy practices, we will take reasonable measures to notify affected individuals of these changes, if necessary. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check back at our website periodically or contact us as described above to obtain a current copy of this policy.