Enable/Disable S.O.S. Test Mode (if applicable)
Click on the S.O.S. Test Mode bar to enable/disable the S.O.S. test.
S.O.S. Test Mode allows you to test the S.O.S. function on your SPOT without alerting the emergency response center
Before You Begin:
- S.O.S. Test Mode is active until you manually disable Test Mode or the 0-minute test duration expires
- S.O.S. Test Messages will be shown in SPOT Mapping and delivered to the email address entered for this S.O.S. test
- If you need assistance with this process, please contact Customer Relations at (866) 651-7768
As a precaution, inform your emergency contacts listed on My Account that you will be testing S.O.S.
To Test the S.O.S. function on your SPOT using the My Account feature
- Step 1: Enable S.O.S. Test Mode by clicking the Enable button
- Step 2: Go outside where there is a clear view of the sky and orient the antenna toward the sky. Power on S.O.S.
- Step 3: Verify that you have received an Email Alert for your S.O.S. within a few minutes of starting S.O.S. on your SPOT
- Step 4: Cancel S.O.S. and Power Off your SPOT
- Step 5: Disable S.O.S. test Mode by clicking on the Disable button
- Ensure you are outside with a clear view of the skies when sending the S.O.S. message
- Ensure you Cancel the S.O.S. message before disabling the test or before the 60 minute time limit expires
- Power off the device once you have completed the S.O.S. test
- If not powered off, SPOT will continue sending S.O.S. and the emergency response center will be alerted. You will be responsible for any charges related to rescue activities.