Thank you for purchasing Globalstar Sat-FiTM.
Now you can take your smartphone beyond cellular with the world’s most reliable satellite hotspot
|Easily make calls, send emails and SMS from any Wi-Fi enabled device from beyond cellular service|
|Conveniently use existing device contacts via the Sat-Fi App|
|Enjoy affordable crystal-clear voice quality with seamless connectivity|
|Fastest data speeds in the industry for sending and receiving email|
|Designed for both vehicle/vessel-based and fixed locations|
|Connect up to 8 users to Sat-Fi at one time|
|Powered by the world’s newest, most modern satellite network|
Sat-Fi turns your smartphone or wireless device into a satellite enabled device.
- Download and install Sat-Fi Apps to your smartphone or other wireless device.
- Connect your device to Sat-Fi via a Wi-Fi connection.
- Sat-Fi links your device to the Globalstar Satellite Network.
- Your device is now connected for voice and data.
- Globalstar Sat-Fi Unit with Wi-Fi Antenna
- Globalstar External Antenna (one of the illustrated antennas)
Globalstar Sat-Fi Power Supplies
- - (1) 120-240VAC/12VDC Power Supply
- - (1) 12VDC Car Power Adapter
- - (1) Waterproof – DC Power Cable
- - (6) 3MTM Dual Lock Mounting Tape 5” (12 cm) Length
- - (4) 3MTM Bumpon Feet
- - (1) 14 ft/4.25 m Coaxial Antenna Cable
If you forget your telephone number, ESN or MDN numbers, they are conveniently located on the back of the Sat-Fi unit and on your Sat-Fi outer box.
EXTERNAL SATELLITE ANTENNA INSTALLATION
Sat-Fi does not have an internal satellite antenna so the external satellite antenna is necessary for communication between the satellite and the Globalstar Sat-Fi unit. The single most important consideration for a Sat-Fi installation is the location of the external satellite antenna. Sat-Fi external satellite antennas need a clear and unobstructed view of the sky in all directions. It must be in a position that minimizes obstructions that block the signal from the satellites and far enough away from other RF and GPS devices to prevent interference (>3 feet/1m).
- Mount the external antenna so that it has a 360 degree view of the sky
Use only the coaxial cables that come with the antenna kit
- - Do not cut or modify the coaxial antenna cable
- - Do not kink the coaxial cables
- - Extended coaxial cable lengths are available (sold separately)
- Use coaxial sealant, shrink-wrap tubing, or other suitable products to seal all external cable connections to prevent moisture and corrosion damage
SAT-FI UNIT MOUNTING Identify an appropriate location for the Sat-Fi unit to be mounted. The ideal location for the Sat-Fi unit should be within the cable length of the external antenna (standard antenna coaxial cable length 14 feet/4.25m) and in a dry location close to an AC/DC power source. Use the supplied 3MTM Dual Lock Mounting Tape or 3MTM Bumpon Feet to secure the Sat-Fi unit (see examples below).
COAXIAL ANTENNA CABLE CONNECTIONS
After the external antenna and Sat-Fi unit have been installed and mounted in their appropriate locations, the coaxial antenna cable needs to be connected.
WI-FI ANTENNA CONNECTION
Connect the Wi-Fi antenna to the Wi-Fi port on the back of the Sat-Fi unit - Finger tighten only.
Sat-Fi automatically powers on when it is connected to a power source (see above illustration.)
- Connect the appropriate power cable to the 12VDC power port on the back of the Sat-Fi unit
- Connect the power cable to the appropriate power source (i.e. electrical outlet, cigarette lighter, DC power source)
The LED on the front panel provides a visual indication of the Sat-Fi’s status:
- ON (Solid Blue) – Sat-Fi is registered with the Globalstar Satellite Network and is able to send/receive calls and data
- Fast Blinking – Sat-Fi is searching for service and/or registering with the Globalstar Satellite Network
- Slow Blinking – Sat-Fi is in use, either sending/receiving a call or data transmission
- OFF – Sat-Fi is not connected to a power source
If for any reason you would like to change Sat-Fi logon password or for other administrative purposes, the Sat-Fi Unit Interface may be accessed by any web browser from a smartphone, computer or other wireless device connected to the Globalstar Sat-Fi Wireless Network.
Perform the following to access the Sat-Fi User Interface:
- Open your web browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- A Sign In dialog will be displayed. Enter the administrator name and password (by default the username is admin and the password is admin).
- You will now be logged into the Sat-Fi Unit Interface.
You must have an activation code to to make voice calls and send/receive email & data via the Sat-Fi Apps. Perform the following to install and activate your Sat-Fi Apps.
- On your smartphone (Android or iPhone) download and install both of the following Apps from either the Google Play Store or the Apple Store:
- Sat-Fi App
- Sat-Fi Voice App
- On your smartphone, or computer that is connected to the Internet, proceed to the Sat-Fi Product Registration Page: http://www.globalstar.com/sat-fisetup and complete the Product Registration Form.
- On your smartphone, open the Sat-Fi App and complete the User Settings information.
- Open the Sat-Fi Voice App and proceed to the Settings page and enter the following:
- In the User name section – Enter 1 through 8 (These are the extensions for the 8 Wi-Fi Connections)
- In the Password section – Enter 1 through 8 (This number must match the Username Number)
- In the Proxy section – Enter 192.168.1.1
- The Sat-Fi Apps are now installed and activated on your smartphone
Perform the following steps to connect your smartphone to the Sat-Fi and make a call:
- On your smartphone, turn on your Wi-Fi connection and connect to the Sat-Fi network. Default PASSWORD: satfi1234
- You should now be connected to the Sat-Fi Wi-Fi network.
- On your smartphone, open the Sat-Fi Voice App.
- Select a contact or dial the number of the person you wish to talk with, and press .
Perform the following steps to make an email/data connection:
- Ensure your smartphone or other wireless device is connected to the Sat-Fi Network
- On your smartphone or other wireless device, open the Sat-Fi Email/Data App.
- Select Mail > Email and compose an email to one of your contacts.
- When finished, select Send. This places your email in a Spool or Outbox folder along with any other email you wish to send.
- When you are finished composing all your emails, select Send/Receive Email. The Sat-Fi App will initiate a data connection with the Sat-Fi unit and your email will be sent. Additionally, you will receive any email that was waiting to be received.