Globalstar's Future Has Launched
On August 28th, 2013, Globalstar
successfully launched the last of our new satellites to complete our second-generation constellation. The new satellites are designed to last for 15 years, twice the lifespan of Globalstar's
first-generation satellites. The Globalstar
second-generation satellite constellation is designed to support the company's current lineup of voice, duplex and simplex data products and services, including its SPOT
-branded consumer products which have initiated thousands of rescues worldwide.
advanced second-generation constellation and next generation ground network are designed to provide Globalstar
customers with enhanced services featuring increased data speeds in a flexible IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) configuration.
Products and services supported include:
- Advanced messaging capabilities
- Geolocation services
- Data devices with GPS integration
- Wireless connectivity to email, SMS text messages and voice calls from your smart phone using the Sat-Fi® satellite hotspot
- Mission Critical Voice quality to make sure users can easily recognize who's calling and quickly convey data without having to repeat time sensitive information
"With the most modern network in place, Globalstar customers will be connected when it
matters most, in emergencies, to continue business, or to connect with a loved one."
Jay Monroe, Chairman and CEO of Globalstar
Globalstar's voice and data communication solutions were designed for total system reliability, with attributes that address the rigorous demands of the public and private sectors. Globalstar owns and operates a constellation of low earth orbit (LEO) satellites orbiting at an altitude of 1410 km above earth. The orbit of Globalstar satellites is inclined at 52 degrees, providing ubiquitous satellite coverage around the globe between 70 north and 70 south. The satellite's altitude produces large spot beams for coverage, minimizing the number of satellites required for service, resulting in lower costs to the end user. In addition, Globalstar satellite footprints concentrate the system resources in the temperate zones of the earth where the vast majority of its users are located. 24 ground stations interconnecting to local telephone networks on six continents provide affordable, high-quality communications to over 120 countries worldwide.
The Globalstar Advantage
For further inquiry or sales, please contact:
Chris Gardiner, National Sales Manager
- Reliability via 100% Satellite Technology – works where cell phones, 2-way radios and landlines won't
- Crystal-Clear Voice Quality – Mission Critical Voice quality rated to understand exactly what is being communicated; low latency produces Hi-Fi audio with no perceptible delay
- Globalstar's Fastest Data Speeds – highly efficient CDMA technology enables real-time data transfer 4x faster than
all other MSS providers; Gen2 technology is further accelerating Globalstar's industry standard data speeds
- Lowest-Priced Airtime Plans – cost-efficient network structure means customers don't have to pay for someone
else's rarely visited coverage zones, with savings passed directly on to customers
- U. S.-Based Phone Numbers – the world's first, truly interoperable satellite phone with US-standards telephone
numbers allows for automatic 911 emergency calling with routing to PSAP, eliminates endless restrictions and the
hassle of roundabout 2-stage dialing typical of satellite phones using foreign country codes
- Lowest-Priced Handset – get it now for FREE for a limited time at Globalstar.com/PhoneDeals